Replacing a catamaran that has come to be seen as a benchmark is no easy task. But the VPLP architects, in partnership with Lagoon and the celebrated Nauta Design studio, have been brilliantly successful in creating the new Lagoon 450.
Lagoon 450: seeing bigger
- in terms of accommodation
- deck areas
- infusion-moulding: weight saving (important for a catamaran), best possible structure, protection for the environment and shipyard workers
- interior joinery in Alpi® reconstituted wood in the interests of sustainable development (choice of finishes: light oak or teak)
- vertical glazing for better protection against the sun, optimisation of space and headroom
- gull-wing bridge deck for greater comfort in heavy seas
- VPLP design: a guarantee of performance under sail!
- and the Nauta touch for elegance and comfort
- a steering station on the fly bridge with safe access from both sides for perfect visibility and a large sunbathing area
- a spacious cockpit, again ideal for sunbathing, on the same level as the galley, with a ventilation panel
- a second cockpit, making best use of the forward area
- particularly safe and effective transom platforms for coming aboard or accessing the tender
- interior design by Nauta: elegance and functionality
- saloon and cabins exceptionally well lit
- natural light in cabins thanks to large glazed panels on hulls
- truly luxurious owner’s and guests’ cabins
- “U”-shaped galley for greater comfort at sea
- galley located between cockpit and saloon
- engine compartments remote from the living areas and perfectly insulated
« 19 days! Maybe not a “Route du Rhum” time, but nevertheless a very creditable performance for a voyage from La Rochelle to Pointe à Pitre (3477 miles) in a strictly standard Lagoon 450.” » Jean-François Tanguy, professional skipper – February 2011
« The sailplan gives the boat enough power to remain fast and dynamic in a wind of less than 10 knots. » Multicoques magazine, FR / Multihulls World, UK-January 2011
The Lagoon 450 comes in 2 different versions
Essential: this version comprises all the essential features: get the best out of your Lagoon catamaran at a more affordable price.
Comfort: fully equipped for long-distance cruising.
- Naval architects: Van Peteghem-Lauriot Prévost
- Interior design: Nauta Design
- Length over all: 12,61 m / 41’4”
- Beam over all: 7,84 m / 25’9’’
- Draft: 1,305 m / 4’3’’
- Mast clearance: 23,05 m / 75’8’’
- Light displacement (EEC): 15,50 t / 37265 Lbs
- Engines: 2 x 40 HP to 2 x 55 HP
- Fuel capacity: 2 x 500 l / 2 x 132 US gal
- Upwind sail area: 134 m2 / 1071 sq.ft.
- Spinnaker (optional): non
- Code 0 (optional): 93 m2 / 1001 sq.ft.
- Fresh water capacity: 2 x 175 l / 2 x 46 US gal
- Berths: 6-12
- CE certification: A : 12 ; B : 14 ; C : 20 ; D : 30